Earn Rewards With Pnc Purchase Payback
Debit cards are highly convenient, allowing you to withdraw cash from any ATM in the country, though you might have to pay some fees.
You can also use debit cards at stores to pay for your purchases.
The downside of using a debit card is that you pass up on the ability to earn the rewards that many credit cards offer.
With cards that offer as much as 5% cash back on purchases, using a debit card can have a significant opportunity cost.
PNC gives you the chance to earn some rewards on the purchases you make with your debit card. The PNC Purchase Payback program tailors special offers to your spending habits.
When you log in to your online banking account, you can visit your PNC Rewards Center. In the Rewards Center, you will see a list of offers that available to you.
For example, you might see an offer like Spend $50 at Starbucks and get $5 back.
You can connect offers to your debit card. Once you do, go about your shopping as usual.
When you meet the spending requirement listed in the offer, your account will automatically be credited with the rewards.
These offers reward you for your shopping and let you recover some of the opportunity cost you pay by not using a credit card.
Pnc Bank $100 Referral Bonus Bonus
Earn a $100 bonus at PNC Bank!
PNC Bank is offering you a chance to earn up to a $100 bonus when you refer a coworker.
- Account Type: Virtual Wallet, Performance, or Standard Checking
- Availability: Select territories
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with bonus offers include the Chase Total Checking® , Discover Cash Back Debit , TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM , PNC Bank Virtual Wallet , Chase Secure Banking , and Aspiration Spend & Save Account .|
How To Earn The Checking Bonus
HOW TO EARN BONUSWAIVE THE MONTHLY FEEFINE PRINT
Online Money Management Tools
In addition to the standard online and mobile banking and bill pay features, the PNC Bank Business Checking Plus account includes Cash Flow Insight® tools to help you track your business finances, create and submit invoices, and forecast future spending.
If you use another accounting software, like QuickBooks or Xero, you can also sync these to your PNC Bank Business Checking Plus account so you don’t have to manually transfer information from your bank account to your accounting software.
You May Like: Routing Number For Ibc
Is Pnc Easy To Use
- PNC checking account is best for a small business that has a high number of monthly transactions.
- New account customers can get a $300 reward when they qualify for a PNC business checking account at specific locations .
- $12 monthly fee for a business checking account and 0.50 for every transaction over the account limit.
- 2,800-plus PNC locations and 6,000-plus ATMs across the nation.
- PNC offers business checking accounts numerous ways to upgrade their services.
- There are only branch locations in 19 of the 50 states.
- To start applying today visit the PNC website to fill out a basic questionnaire about your business.
Check out our roundup of the Best Small Business Checking Accounts
Spend Reserve And Growth
PNC Virtual Wallet has three primary objects: Spend , Reserve , and Growth . In a nutshell, its a checking account with an interest-earning option.
To avoid the $7/month fee in the basic Virtual Wallet checking account, youll need to do $500/month in qualifying deposits, maintain a $500 balance, or be at least 62 years old.
Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend earns interest on balances of $2,000 or more. It has a $15/month fee, but you can avoid it in several ways $2,000 in qualifying deposits, a $2,000 balance, or $10,000 in combined PNC consumer deposits.
Virtual Wallet with Performance Select also earns interest on balances of $2,000 or more. It has a $25/month fee that is waived by $5,000 in qualifying deposits a $5,000 balance or $25,000 in combined balances or PNC consumer deposits, and/or investments. This account is also eligible for the higher relationship rates.
Finally, there is a Virtual Wallet Student account available. The account is also eligible for the higher relationship rates. There are no deposit or balance requirements on this account and it doesnt have a monthly fee.
You May Like: Ibc Com Mobile Banking
Getting The Most Out Of Your Pnc Bank Bank Account
Look for PNC bank promotions for more earnings on your money. There are three current promotions that will earn you up to $300 as a cash bonus. Even better, youll also avoid PNC Bank monthly maintenance fees if you follow the steps to qualify.
- Virtual Wallet Checking Account: Earn $50 if you set up at least $500 in qualifying direct deposits per month.
- Virtual Wallet with a Performance Spend Checking Account: Earn $200 if you set up at least $2,000 in qualifying direct deposits per month.
- Virtual Wallet with a Performance Select Checking Account: Earn $300 if you set up at least $5,000 in qualifying direct deposits per month.
A Prepaid Card As An Alternativeor Addition To A Pnc Checking Account
- No overdraft fees
- Load funds to your card and use everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Track your balance and spending online and on the PNC SmartAccess Mobile app.
- Enroll in email and text alert notifications for certain card activity
- Protected by Zero Liability
PNC product and feature availability varies by location. By using your zip code, we can make sure the information you see is accurate.If your zip code above is incorrect, please enter your home zip code and select submit.
You May Like: Venmo Sync Contacts
Pnc Virtual Wallet Checking Pro $200
If you dont qualify for the above offer, and you live in AR, CT, ID, IA, KS, LA, ME, MA, MN, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, ND, OK, OR, RI, TN, UT, VT, WA, or WY, then you should consider PNC Virtual Wallet® Checking Pro and its welcome bonus of $200.
To earn this bonus, just open an account and then receive total qualifying direct deposit of $2,000 or more to the new Virtual Wallet Checking Pro.
The account has no minimum deposit to open and no monthly fees. If you open for the Virtual Wallet Checking Pro with Spend, Reserve & Growth then you also get a savings account that earns interest. The Virtual Wallet Checking Pro with Spend product is just a checking account.
Why You Can Trust Bankrate
Founded in 1976, Bankrate has a long track record of helping people make smart financial choices. Weve maintained this reputation for over four decades by demystifying the financial decision-making process and giving people confidence in which actions to take next.
Bankrate follows a strict editorial policy, so you can trust that were putting your interests first. All of our content is authored by highly qualified professionals and edited by subject matter experts, who ensure everything we publish is objective, accurate and trustworthy.
Our banking reporters and editors focus on the points consumers care about most the best banks, latest rates, different types of accounts, money-saving tips and more so you can feel confident as youre managing your money.
Don’t Miss: Ibc Bank Mobile Deposit Limit
Now Including Low Cash Mode In The Pnc Mobile Appan Innovative Game
Take control of your account when your balance is low. Low Cash Mode delivers real-time intelligent alerts that let you know when your balance is low, allows you to choose whether certain transactions should be paid or returned when your balance is negative, and gives you at least 24 hours to bring your account out of the negative so you can avoid overdraft fees.
Extra Time youll have at least 24 hours to bring your available spend account balance to at least $0 before you are charged overdraft fees.
Payment Control you can choose to pay or return certain individual checks, and payments made using your routing and checking account numbers , when your balance is negative.
Intelligent Alerts a suite of alerts so you know when to and how long you have to take action.
Whats A Better Banking Option Than Pnc Bank
While most people are able to waive the fees associated with a PNC Bank checking account, none of their accounts really offer you the chance to really rack up rewards in the form of cashback.
The Cheese Debit Card allows you to earn cashback on all spending. And, it does so while allowing you to enjoy zero fees. No banking fees, high cashback rates, and even the chance to earn multiple Cheese Rewards? Its as good as it sounds. to join us today.
How Does Pnc Compare To Other Banks Or Services
PNC is ranked 5th nationwide for its number of branch locations, with around 2,480 brick-and-mortar spots. It takes in the 8th most total direct deposits annually, just beneath US Bank and Citigroup. And members have access to over 9,000 ATMs around the country that they can use free of charge.
- Free overdraft protection. Have money automatically transferred from your savings account for free if you overdraw on your checking.
- ATM reimbursements. PNC offers ATM reimbursements for its checking accounts when you use non-network ATMs.
- Sign up bonuses. This bank regularly offers sign up bonuses for new account holders when they open a Virtual Wallet account.
- All personal checking accounts are Virtual Wallet accounts. PNC doesnt offer any regular checking accounts. Instead, you get a Virtual Wallet account which is a checking and savings account in one.
- Monthly fees. All checking accounts have monthly fees, but PNC waives them when you meet certain requirements.
- Unclear interest rates. Youll have to call customer service to find out what the current APYs are for its student accounts because the bank doesnt list this information on its site.
Pnc Bank Review: Checking Savings And Cds
Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list ofour partnersandhere’s how we make money.
Overall bank rating
The bottom line:
PNC Bank is the seventh-largest bank in the country by assets. Depending on their location, customers can earn up to a $300 sign-up bonus with a checking, short-term savings and long-term savings combo called Virtual Wallet. The trio of products named Spend, Reserve and Growth, respectively comes with a nice set of online financial management tools. But the interest rate on short-term savings is low, and it takes effort to avoid monthly fees on the checking account.Best for: Those who want a combination checking and short-term savings account, receive direct deposits and dont need to earn the highest interest rates.
- Strong online and mobile money management tools.
- Many customer service options.
- About 19,000 fee-free ATMs and 2,600 branches in more than 25 states and Washington, D.C.
- Rates depend on location: Much better savings rates are available to customers in certain regions of the country.
With $1 minimum balance
» Want to see where rates are higher? Check out the best high-yield online savings accounts
You May Like: Chase Quickpay Maximum Amount
Pnc Virtual Wallet Spend
Waived with direct deposit or $500 minimum balance
Virtual Wallet Spend, one of PNCs basic checking accounts, has free mobile banking and online bill pay. If you use a non-PNC ATM, the bank will also reimburse some ATM usage fees, though the machines owner could still charge a separate fee.
Virtual Wallet Spend has a $7 monthly fee that can be avoided in a few ways, including monthly direct deposits of $500 and average combined balances of $500.
The account offers tools that let you schedule bill reminders, track your balance and set up budgets and alerts.
Pnc Business Checking Account $200 To $500
PNC Bank has a $200 offer for a business checking account when you open a qualifying Business Checking or Business Checking Plus account. You can do this in person or online.
1. Maintain a minimum average ledger balance of $5,000 for the first three statement cycles,
2. Make at least 20 total qualifying PNC Bank Visa Debit card transactions within the first three statement cycles,
3. Get $200 deposited!
To get $500, you will need to open a new qualifying Treasury Enterprise Plan or Analysis Business Checking account and maintain a minimum average ledger balance of $30,000 for each of the first three statement cycles to get the bonus deposited into your account. No debit card transaction requirement for the higher bonus amount but keep an eye out on the fees for all these accounts.
Read Also: Ibc Savings Account Interest Rate
Alternative Business Checking Account Options From Pnc
If the Business Checking Plus account doesn’t suit you, one of these other PNC business bank accounts might.
- PNC Bank Business Checking: This is a more affordable business checking account designed for small businesses with a lower monthly transaction volume. It includes many of the same benefits as the Business Checking Plus account, including Cash Flow Insight® tools and the option to earn cash back through the PNC Purchase Payback program.
- PNC Bank Treasury Enterprise Plan: This account is designed for larger businesses that need even higher cash deposit and transaction limits than the PNC Bank Business Checking Plus account offers. In addition to all the features of the Business Checking Plus account, the Treasury Enterprise Plan gives you options for investing your excess cash.
- PNC Bank Analysis Business Checking: Consider this account if you want multiple linked business checking accounts for different areas of your business. You can also get earnings credits on your balances to help cover the PNC checking fees associated with the accounts.
- Additional checking solutions: PNC Bank also has specialty business checking accounts, including an interest-bearing checking account and a nonprofit checking account. One of these could be right for certain organizations, but most companies should be satisfied with one of the other options mentioned above.
How Do I Deposit Cash Into My Pnc Account
Visit the branch and ATM locator to find and get directions to the nearest PNC ATM. Make cash or check deposits right at the ATM, any time of day or night, including weekends and holidays with PNC DepositEasySM. There is no envelope needed and your receipt will include a picture of your deposited checks.
Don’t Miss: Does Ibc Have Zelle
Which Bank Is The Winner
Both banks have a decent product line, but there are some differences that will affect which bank is better for you.
While the checking accounts appear similar, PNC has potentially better saving and CD rates. Both banks have various mortgage packages, but Wells Fargo offers potentially larger personal loans. So, which account is best will depend on your needs and preferences.
|APY SavingsThe annual percentage yield is a percentage that represents the amount of money or interest earned on your savings account over the course of a year. The APY factored in compound interest. A savings calculator can help you quickly determine how much you’ll earn with a given APY.||0.01% 0.03%||Up to 1.25%|
|Checking FeeThe monthly fee on checking account||$7 per month||$10/$25||Compare Banking|
There are only two ways to close your Wells Fargo bank account in a local Wells Fargo branch or by phone. The phone is likely to be the easiest method, as it is a toll free number and the agent will walk you through the process.
In most cases, the account can be closed immediately, but all outstanding or pending items need to have been posted and your account must have a zero or positive balance.
There are also several student credit card options available. This makes it easy to manage your day to day student finances with this bank.
Are There Any Fees
Yes there are a number of fees to watch out for. First, you’ll generally need to meet minimum balance or monthly deposit requirements to avoid maintenance fees on PNC’s Virtual Wallet accounts.
If you close your account within 180 days of opening it, there will be a $25 fee. There is a $36 overdraft fee, with up to four occurrences per day. To replace a card, it costs $7.50. Stop payments will cost $33 each.
If you use a non-PNC ATM, you may be charged a $3.00 fee from PNC in addition to any surcharges from the ATM provider. But, as show in the table below, you may be eligible for a certain number of reimbursements or this fee may be waived altogether depending on your account type.
|READ THE REVIEW|
Recommended Reading: Chase Customer Service Zelle