Choose Or Change A Payment Source
Add a bank account that you can use to make payments, or use Apple Cash to help pay off your Apple Card balance.;The first time you choose to add a bank account, you’re asked if you want to add the same bank account that you use with Apple Cash. If you select Yes, the bank account is automatically added.
How To Add Your Card To Apple Wallet
Depending on the type of card youre adding, you can set up your iOS Wallet two different ways. Add your Peoples United Bank Debit Card quickly and easily through our Mobile Banking app with a simple tap, or, add a credit card manually through the iOS Wallet app.
Before you start, you’ll need:
- Your eligible device1
- The latest version of the Peoples United Bank Mobile app
- The latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS*
- An Apple ID signed in to the latest version of iCloud
Sending Money To Friends & Family With Apple Pay Cash
Apple Pay Cash uses iMessage to send money to other users. So open up the Messages app and tap on a conversation thread of the person you want to send money to. Then tap on the Apple Pay Cash iMessage app at the bottom.
If the recipient doesnt have an iOS device or doesnt meet the above requirements, youll get a message that says they cannot receive payments using Apple Pay.
If they can accept Apple Pay Cash payments, youll see a dollar amount that you can change using the + and – buttons or pull up the keypad to enter in a custom amount. When youre ready to send the money, tap on Pay.
You can then type in a quick note to accompany the payment and hit send.
Youll then be prompted to scan your fingerprint using Touch ID . By default, Apple Pay Cash will use your Apple Pay Cash balance first, if you have one. If not, it will use the debit card you linked to during the setup process. If you didnt link a debit card, it will use your credit card that you have set up with Apple Pay. Keep in mind that using a credit card is subject to a 3% fee when sending money through Apple Pay Cash.
Once the payment has been sent to the recipient, it will be marked as Pending until it is accepted by the recipient. During this time, you can cancel the payment, but once it has been accepted, theres no turning back.
To cancel a pending payment, tap on it on the iMessage conversation and hit Cancel Payment on the next screen.
Don’t Miss: What Is The 1 800 Number For Us Bank
How To Transfer Apple Cash To A Debit Card
If you prefer, you can transfer some or all of your Apple Cash to an eligible Visa debit card. This has the advantage of being an instant transfer, but you’ll be charged a small fee .;
The money should appear in your debit account within 30 minutes.
How To Transfer Apple Cash To Your Bank Account
You can transfer some or all of your Apple Cash to your bank account. It takes one to three days for the transfer to complete, but it’s completely free with no transfer fees.;
If necessary, confirm the transaction with your Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.;
The money should appear in your checking account in one to three days.
How Does Apple Pay Work
The operations of Apple Pay are straightforward. All you need is an up-to-date device, and you are all set.;There are various ways you can use Apple Pay. First of all, you can send money to others in the messenger app with a few taps. To transfer money to someone;
- Open the Messages app.
- Start a new conversation or even tap an existing one.
- Hit on the Apple Pay button. You can tap the App Store icon first if you dont see the Apple Pay button.
- Enter the amount of money to send.
- Tap Pay, then hit the send button to review or cancel the payment.
- Confirm the payment with your Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
You can as well use Apple Pay to pay in-store and in other places. To pay with iPhone using Face ID,
- Double-click on the side button to use your default card.
- Glance at your phone to authenticate with your Face ID.
- Next, hold the top of the iPhone near the contactless reader until you see the; Done and a checkmark on display.
When paying using your Touch ID,
- Rest your finger on the Touch ID.
- Next, hold the top of your phone near the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on display.
The procedure below will help you to pay with Apple Watch.
- Double-click the side button to use your default card.
- Hold the display of your Watch just near the contactless reader.
- Remain patient until you feel a gentle tap.
You can also pay with another card other than your default card in the following manner.
When using iPhone with Face ID,
For Apple Watch payments,
How Do I Transfer My Apple Pay Cash Balance To My Bank Account
When someone sends me Apple Pay Cash, how do I transfer it to my bank account or use it for purchases?
Money sent to your iPhone or iPad through Apple Pay Cash is added to your Wallet balance . Money posted to your Apple Pay Cash account can be used to make purchases at retail locations where Apple Pay is accepted, within apps and on the web. Money you send to others through the Messages app using Apple Pay Cash will be automatically deducted from your balance before being deducted from your connected debit/credit card.
But, if you prefer, you can also transfer any money in your Apple Pay Cash account directly to your bank account.
Bank transfer from Apple Pay Cash typically take 1 to 3 days. Transfers will not be deposited on bank holidays or weekends. You can transfer up $3,000 per transfer and up to $20,000 within a seven-day period.
Also Check: Does Woodforest Bank Use Zelle
How To Set Up Apple Pay On Your Iphone
The first place that you should set up Apple Pay is your iPhone, since you likely take it everywhere you go. Here’s how to set it up:
If you want to set up Apple Pay on your iPad, Apple Watch or Mac, the process is nearly identical, but the first few steps may vary. Below we explain how to set Apple Pay up on other Apple devices.
Apple Pay Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The following TD Bank products are eligible for use with Apple Pay:
- TD Bank Visa Debit Cards:
- TD Bank Visa Debit Card
- TD Bank Business Visa Debit Card
- TD Bank Private Client Visa Debit Card
Here’s what you need to use Apple Pay:
- A compatible Apple device. A list is available on the Apple website*.
- The latest version of iOS
- United States as your selected region
- Touch IDTM or passcode on your device
- For Apple Watch®: a passcode and Wrist Detection turned on
Also Check: How To Get Bank Certificate
Request Apple Cash From Someone
You can also use it to request money. For example, if you bought tickets to a movie for yourself and a friend, you can request the money they owe you.
1. From Messages tap the Apple Pay button.
2. Next, enter an amount and then tap Request. You don’t have to, but it’s probably a good idea to add a message.
3. When you’re done hit Send.
How To Use Apple Pay Cash On Iphone
Weve been waiting for Apples answer to Venmo and Square Cash ever since the WWDC keyboard. Apple Pay Cash didnt make it to the final release but its shown up for users of iOS 11.2 Beta 2. And in the next couple of weeks, as iOS 11.2 rolls out to the general public, everyone will be able to use Apple Pay Cash. Now iMessages on iCloud is the lone holdout.
Recommended Reading: How Do Banks Make Money
What To Do If You Cant Transfer Your Apple Cash
- Ensure your device has Wi-Fi or Cellular data connection
- Check for software updates on your iPhone or iPad by opening Settings General Software Update. Download and install any pending update, if available
- For a Visa debit card, contact your card issuer and ask if its eligible
- For a bank transfer, you should be using an eligible United States bank account. Also, ensure that you have entered the correct account and routing numbers
- For Visa instant transfer, the billing address you use should match with the details of the selected debit card
- The transfer amount should not exceed the limits . The minimum amount you can transfer to your card or bank is $1. However, if your entire Apple Cash card balance is less than $1, you can transfer it entirely
- Lastly, if youre still unable to transfer money, you may have to verify your identity. Additionally, you may also want to contact Apple support
This is how you can transfer Apple Cash money instantly or in just a few days to your debit card or bank account. I hope you found this post helpful. Next, you may also like to know how to send and receive Apple Pay Cash via iMessage.
You may also like:
How To Add Money To Apple Cash
After you set up Apple;Cash1, you can add money to your balance;using the debit or prepaid cards2 that you already use with Apple Pay in Wallet.;If you dont already have one of these cards in Wallet, you need to add one;before you can add money.
Here’s how to add money:
To make sure that your balance is updating, you need a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
Recommended Reading: How To Overdraft Bank Of America
How To Add Your Bank Account To Your Apple Card Payment Option
Unlike other credit cards, with Apple Card the only way to pay the bill is through the Wallet app on your iPhone . You can’t write a check or make a payment from your bank account. To ensure you’re able to make your first payment on time, it’s a good idea to set up your bank account as your payment option ahead of time. Here’s how.
Note: Even if you have your bank account connected to Apple Pay, you’ll still need to set it up separately with your Apple Card.
How To Troubleshoot Problems Transferring Money From Apple Cash
Most of the time, you should have no trouble transferring money from Apple Cash to a bank account or debit card. Sometimes, of course, things go wrong. Here are some things to watch for:
- If in doubt, check your statement. Check your bank or debit card statement to ensure the money was transferred as expected.;
- Some delays are not unusual. Remember that it takes one to three days for cash to appear in your bank account . And watch the calendar banks don’t make transfers or deposits on weekends or on bank holidays.;
- There are transfer limits. You can transfer up to $10,000 at once and as much as $20,000 within any seven-day period. If you reach either limit, you’ll need to wait to transfer more.;
- Transfers are only valid to banks in the US. You’ll need a US-based bank to make transfers from Apple Cash.;
You May Like: How To Transfer Bank Account
How To Use Apple Pay
You can easily make purchases with Apple Pay by taking the following action when you check out online or in-store:
- iPhone or iPad with Face ID: Double-click the side button, then use Face ID or your passcode.
- iPhone or iPad without Face ID: Use Touch ID or your passcode.
- Apple Watch: Double-click the side button.
- Mac with Touch ID:;Follow the prompts on the Touch Bar and place your finger on Touch ID.
- Mac without Touch ID: Have your iPhone or Apple Watch nearby to receive a prompt, then follow the appropriate method listed above.
Keep in mind that using Face ID, Touch ID or your passcode is verification that you approve the transaction. Learn more about how to use Apple Pay.
Information about the Apple Card has been collected independently by CNBC and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of the card prior to publication.
How To Set Up And Use Apple Pay Cash On Your Iphone
Craig Lloyd is a smarthome expert with nearly ten years of professional writing experience. His work has been published by iFixit, Lifehacker, Digital Trends, Slashgear, and GottaBeMobile. Read more…
The latest feature to hit iOS is Apple Pay Cash, which gives iPhone users a quick and easy way to send money to one another . Heres how to set it up.
Unfortunately, Apple Pay Cash isnt available for everyone, and there are a few stipulations that you have to meet:
- Its currently only available for users in the United States.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- Your iPhone needs to be updated to at least iOS 11.2.
- Two-factor authentication must be enabled for your Apple ID account.
If all of those describe you, then read on.
Don’t Miss: Does Adam And Eve Show Up On Bank Statement
How To Set Up Apple Cash
Before you can send or receive money, youll need to set up the Apple Cash card. Its essentially a special prepaid card with some financial services provided top Apple by;Green Dot Bank.
First, you may need to head into the Settings menu and make sure Apple Cash is enabled. Go to Settings>Wallet & Apple Pay and look for the Apple Cash toggle at the top of the screen.
If you dont see an Apple Pay Cash card in Wallet, make sure its enabled in Settings.
Then, head into the Wallet app, tap on the Apple Cash card, then tap on Set Up Apple Cash. Youll have to agree to some terms and conditions, but thats it.
Setting up Apple Cash is a breeze. Just hop into Wallet and tap on the card to get started.
This process will trigger automatically if someone sends you money before you get a chance to set it up.